Best waterproof digital cameras of 2018
There’s nothing better than taking a waterproof digital camera on a fun holiday journey. We are surrounded by sea and lakes and artificial swimming pools. And specially during summer times, it is always best to have a good quality underwater camera with you to capture amazing moments. If you are diver or just going to beach for a fun day out, then waterproof cameras are a must to pack items.
Here in this post i am going to list the best waterproof cameras in the market. You can use the waterproof cameras for any usage which involves camera getting soaked in water. All waterproof cameras are safe from water and can go inside the water around 10 feet and temperature below 14 degree celcius. For example if you are on summer holiday and would like to take pictures in lake or sea without worrying about your camera getting ruined, then these are the perfect option for you.
There are cameras as low as $50 dollars upwards. They are digital point and shoot cameras with good quality. There are best cameras under $200 and under $500 dollars as well. You can pick one of these cameras which fits your budget. Now let’s go through one by one.
1) Nikon COOLPIX AW130 waterproof camera (recommended)
This is one of the best waterproof camera out there for the 2018 season. This is one of the best made from Nikon for special underwater/snow capturing picture purposes. This camera is also a freeze proof camera in which you can take pictures in snow. This is a best sport/ entertainment camera specially in the summer times to play with and take memorable shots of loved ones.
COOLPIX AW130 has wifi, gps enabled in it, so that you can tag the pictures according to wherever you took, specially if it is underwater in the middle of an ocean. You can also take full HD 1080p video from this camera. One of the best waterproof, shockproof and freeze-proof cameras around.
- Waterproof up to 100ft
- Freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit
- Shockproof for drops up to 7 feet
- 5x optical zoom NIKKOR ED wide-angle glass lens
- Capable of taking up to 5 shots per second
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for easy transfer to your smartphone
- Built-in GPS, mapping, Electronic Compass and Points of Interest (POI)
2) Fujifilm FinePix XP90 waterproof camera (best under $160)
If you are looking for a quality yet an affordable underwater camera, then Fufifilm’s FinePix xp90 could be the right one for you. This camera is under $160 dollars with discount and free shipping. This is a waterproof and shockproof camera which you can use underwater to capture beautiful and quality pictures.
This camera has all the features needed for a point and shoot camera, with 16MP sensor, freeze-proof and wifi sharing which are new features in a camera. Remote shooting is a handy feature and best for a casual entertainment summer outing.
- 16.4MP BSI-CMOS Sensor
- Waterproof to 50ft/15m, freeze proof to 14 Degree/-10 Degree, shockproof to 5.8ft/1.75m, and dustproof
- Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom (28-140mm)
- Wi-Fi sharing and remote shooting
- Interval Shooting Mode + Time Lapse Movie
3) PowerLead BP88 waterproof camera (under $100)
Are you looking to get a waterproof camera under $100 and not sure which one to get? Then you are in the right place. This powerLead BP88 camera is an amazing waterproof camera which you can get for $70 dollars. it is a HD waterproof camera with 5MP sensor. It is a firm camera and ideal camera to take pictures around the water bodies, without fearing of camera falling into the water. This is a perfectly well quipped camera to handle all the needs of photography.
- High quality HD 2.7 inch TFT screen with 5.0MP CMOS sensor.
- 10 meters waterproof-Effectively protect your camera from brokering by water.
- Anti-shock and sturdy durable materials outshell allows you accidentally fall it down onto ground.
- It’s an ideal product for taking photos at beach sights and travelling.
- Recording the most excited moments that you experienced without worrying about felling into water.